Consular Services: Passports
Conditions for issuance of first passport booklet:
- Online Application Nigeria Immigration web platform
- Mandatory online payment
- Passport payment slip
- Passport acknowledment slip
- Original Birth certificate (First timers) or Age declaration
- Two (2) recent coloured passport size photographs
- Parent's letter of consent for minor
- Marriage certificate for married women
- Duly completed guarantor form sworn to before a commisioner of Oaths/Magistrate/High court Judge or consula officer.
Additional requirments for Applicants outside the country
- Copy of current Nigerian passport
- Letter of identification from the local Government council, duly legalised by the ministry of Foreign Affairs in Abuja in the case of adults with no legal form of identification
- No local objection
Replacement of expired booklets
- Passport booklet to be replaced must either be 5 (Five years) old, or pages must have been exhusted.
- Holder of passport must be resident in Spain.
- Two passport size Photographs of applicant.
- Applicants must complete appriopriate passport application form online, print and bring relevant confirmation slip to Mission for further necessary action.
Go to Top
With the introduction of E-Passport in Nigeria, it is no longer necessary for passports to be renewed upon expiration of five years from the date of issuance of the passport. That is, the old E-Passport is not renewable, but a new passport issued instead.
For Nigerians abroad, the requirments are as follows:
- Police report
- Sworn affidavit
- Copy of resident permit (Copy of lost passport if available)
- Interview with Mission's Consular/Immigration officer
With the introduction of E-Passport, this is no longer necessary, as passorts can now be obtained by parents for their children.